Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Guitar Stories Mark Knopfler SkyArts1



What a delight watching this magical presentation of the unfolding of Knoffler's career through the touchstones of different guitars. Imagine my delight when I looked through my own collection of guitars and discovered that my collection had all the same elements in a scaled down version; Guild acoustic, Les Paul with a couple of Humbuckers and a simple bridge, with no wammy bar and a Strat. No dobro, but a 12 string Takamine. He'd used a Crybaby and had an ES335 with the F holes like the one I gave to a wayward kid who needed some direction when I was moving one time and hadn't used it much. I was going to put a guild bar pickup on, but kept it for later, but I let the Bigsby tailpiece go like a dummy. Oh yeah, I forgot about my SG and my Epiphone single pickup guitar. that went to other homes along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment